Acne is never an enjoyable experience. As though the stress of life itself isn’t enough, we must be bombarded with pesky red pustules. So, before you start reaching for every acne product under the sun, make your way to the fridge for some internal cleanse to complement your topical solutions.
WHAT I EAT FOR ACNE
- Charcoal- This black beauty aids in detoxifying the body by absorbing toxins and irritants. If you eat or breathe, then you need to detox. Don’t allow the idea of a detox to frighten you. You don’t need to take drastic measures to receive the benefits. You can purchase a bottle of activated charcoal at your local drug and health store. I recommend taking 1 tablet either once or every other day.
- Spinach- Leafy greens such as spinach are rich in chlorophyll which helps cleanse bacteria and toxins from the blood stream and digestive tract. Spinach is also rich in Vitamin A which naturally acts as an anti-acne agent.
- Turmeric- aids in anti-inflammation to help alleviate any residual redness that a breakout can cause. Additionally, it is packed with antioxidants to defend your skin from any unnecessary toxins that can disrupt sebum production.
- Chia Seeds- These are not only great for adding fiber to a meal but they are high in omega 3 fatty acids. Omega fatty acids aid in the visible reduction of inflammation caused by acne.
- Water-Water is ESSENTIAL for keeping skin cells hydrated and working properly. Water plumps the skin cells up making them look less wrinkled. Also, it flushes impurities and toxins out of the system keeping your face fresh and clean and thus aids in detoxing the skin of acne.